Home (Japanese) > About Us (English)
About Us (English)
DNP Art Communications Co., Ltd. is a DNP group company developing businesses in the fields of fine arts and graphic designs.
We make digital reproductions and build archives of cultural assets. Our" Image Archives"offer images officially licensed by museums, temples and artists both inside and outside Japan.
We also support the management of and execution of rights clearance for the use of these images.
Our other dominant activities are running graphic design galleries, publishing, and providing cultural information.
- Company name
- DNP Art Communications Co.,Ltd.
- July 11, 2008
- Head office
- 3-5-20 Nishi-Gotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-8001
- 300 million yen (100% owned by Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.)
- DNP Gotanda Building
We stock images officially licensed by several museums, temples and artists both inside and outside Japan.
Image search, a brief viewing of pictures, on-line orders, downloads of digital images. *Japanese only
- Licensing Agreement and Price List for Image Licensing (167KB)
- Request Form (65KB)
- Request Form.xls (24KB)
Photos we provide both domestically and outside Japan
- TMN Image Archives
About 50,000 photos from the collection of The Tokyo National Museum including archeological specimens, statues of Buddha, folding screens kakemonos, modern paintings, Oriental calligraphy, crafts and Japanese art.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture Image Archives
The collections of five museums managed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Musem
Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography
Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo
Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum
- Daijyoji Image Archives
Daijyoji Temple (Hyogo Prefecture)
About 200 photos of Maruyama Okyo and his atelier's paintings on a fusuma, folding screens, kakemonos, and Oriental calligraphy.
- The Tokugawa Art Museum
The Tokugawa Art Museum owns more than ten-thousand treasures passed down through generations of the Owari Tokugawa family, one of the branch families chosen by the Shogun during the Edo period (1603-1867). The art, furnishings, armor, garments and other items used by the founder of the Edo shogunate, Tokugawa Ieyasu, form the core of the collection.
Photos we provide within Japan only
- RMN Image Archives
Over 500,000 photos from the collections of Reunion des Musees Nationaux, which includes 33 national and regional museums of France such as the Louvre, Orsay.
- The British Museum Image Archives
About 5,000 photos from the collection from The British Museum which covers world cultures from prehistory to the present day.
- MFA Image Archives
Photos from the wide range of collections from Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Art of the Ancient World, Art of Europe, Americas, Asia, Oceania and Africa, Contemporary Art, Musical Instruments, Prints, Drawings and Photographs, Textile and Fashion Arts.
- Pushikin Image Archives
Photos of paintings from Impressionists such as Monet, Renoir, to Matisse, and Picasso, the collection of The Pushikin State Museum of Fine Arts.
- Rights clearance management
- We support the management of and execution of rights clearance for fine arts. If our clients want to use photos that need rights clearance, we search for owners of the rights, negotiate for their usage and prepare positives or digital data.
- Photo Research
- We will help clients commercially use of cultural photos. Our experienced staff supports clients from photo research, rights clearance, photo arrangements, to planning for products and manufacturing.